Presentation of the Programme
The production and distribution of foodstuffs are vital activities, and as such they are a sensitive issue on several levels: politically, socially and economically. Food production still employs 40% of the global population, and from an environmental point of view, it has a huge impact on the environment, and is in turn affected by biological imbalances. It also has an impact on health, be it directly through the quality of the foodstuffs, or indirectly through the pollution of the environment (air, water).
The current industrial food system has reached an impasse, which must be dealt with by developing a re-territorialised food system that reconciles human needs with the preservation of natural functions and resources.
Sub-Programmes and Partners Supported
1. Mutual Control of Production Factors
2. Expertise and Advocacy on Agricultural Policies
- Via Campesina international
- Via Campesina Europe
- Arc 2020
- Good Food Good Farming
- Pour une Autre Pac
- IFOAM– International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements
- Ipes Food – International Panel of Experts on Sustainable Food Systems
- Iddri – Institut du développement durable et des relations internationales
3. Stakeholder Consumers and Local Communities